Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<htpf1jdaqceo8p3so9unrp9e2vnl4v9t4u@4ax.com>

From: John Larkin <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: gnarly PCB
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 06:54:47 -0700

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:13:26 +0200, Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund
<klauskvik@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 11-04-2024 03:31, John Larkin wrote:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fiy73ou127rd5hi23jkw9/P948_A6.jpg?rlkey=symijy4b0veq1s5ho982r0sa0&raw=1
>>
>> My layout guy is struggling with this. Actually, he seems to be
>> enjoying it.
>>
>> It has two D25 connectors, 130 relays, 49 polyfuses, and the usual
>> FPGA and such. 8 layers, four of which will be 2oz copper.
>>
>It's a big PCB for sure.

Yes. It is supported on the ends.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/43dl9eoja8gr0j0wqox56/P940_FA_2.jpg?rlkey=n3s4ycq3cpnxwx7d6l8jbxm50&dl=0

One customer wants to fly it and is rightly concerned about vibration.
I'm working on that.

The Brat put up our new web site yesterday, and it includes the public
announcement of our modular power system.

https://www.highlandtechnology.com/Category/MPS

The P940 system originated when a customer, on a zoom call, said "we
hate power supplies."

>Nasty layout program, looks like it's from the 90'ties

It has pads and traces. Don't all layout programs do that?

>Switch to Altium?

It's PADS. We've been using it since the dos/floppy disk days. It
works fine. I don't like the color scheme that my guy uses; we change
the colors before we release the boards.

The schematic editor is excellent. It actually understands
connections.