Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ik35viheahra8lkftu8duq9ibsa9ks0mul@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Beware the brain-eating amoeba
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 01:45:33 -0400

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 02:03:53 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Not sure this makes for the basis of a '50s drive-in movie. Basically,
>all you have to do is NOT irrigate your nostrils with tap water, to keep
>the amoeba out of your sinuses and from getting into your brain.
>
>https://apnews.com/article/neti-pots-tap-water-amoeba-aed6e6f9129d85146d396d71b8778812

I knew those sorts of amoebas were out there but thought the only risk
of catching them was if you inhaled water from ponds that contained
them. I had no idea they could also be found in treated water. Not
that I've ever used a neti pot but I do know people that have used
them and I assume they just used tap water to do so.