Article <j3f1ccBcOPWkaLCVw-N3SGdc830@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<j3f1ccBcOPWkaLCVw-N3SGdc830@jntp>

Subject: Re: A discussion of 'Tachyons, the 4-momentum ...'
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: N4rMmjIEBK5iaJXlZAqiVDibFcY
JNTP-ThreadID: 7b7801803ba85c52030404bcf149487d@www.novabbs.com
JNTP-Uri: https://www.nemoweb.net/?DataID=j3f1ccBcOPWkaLCVw-N3SGdc830@jntp
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 24 12:36:27 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@liscati.fr.invalid>

Le 03/10/2024 à 12:10, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :
> In DOI: 10.13189/ujpa.2023.170101, Figure 4 depicts a thought
> experiment involving FTL communication.  This figure is
> attached to this post.  We, the viewers, are at rest with
> observers A and B.
>
> At event E1, observer A, at x = 0, t = vL/c^2, sends an
> infinitely-fast tachyon signal to observer B, who receives
> it at x = L, t = vL/c^2.  B immediately passes it to D, who
> is moving at velocity v.  D's clock reads t' = 0.
>
> D is now going to send it to C.  The question is, where is
> C?  Is C at x = 0 or is C at x = Lv^2/c^2?  According to
> us (the viewers), C is at x = Lv^2/c^2, but if we (the
> viewers) switched frames so we're at rest with C and D,
> (see Figure 5 in DOI: 10.13189/ujpa.2023.170101).  Now,
> it appears that D can send a signal to c at t' = t = 0
> (infinitely-fast).
>
> But according to our (the viewers) present position in
> Figure 5, A (at t = 0) could only send the original signal
> to B, who would receive it at t = vL/c^2, or the loop
> would not be completed (because of the relativity of
> simultaneity).
>
> Let's move back to Figure 4.  So in order to complete
> the loop, D must send the signal to where C is not (at
> t = 0, x = 0), which flouts RoS.  But at t = vL/c^2, C
> is not adjacent to A, so no closed loop can be completed
> in this scenario.
>
> Comments, Prok?

What must be understood in special relativity is that the photon IS
already a tachyon since it moves infinitely fast; since it IS an
instantaneous energy transaction in the hyperplane of simultaneity of the
receiver.
There is a lack of understanding of generalized RR that makes even the
biggest experts no longer understand anything about it and worse, probably
start laughing when they read interesting and decoding stuff like:
"photons go much faster than the speed of light". This seems FORCEFULLY
absurd to them.
They do not understand what Dr. Hachel says, which is in fact: "Photons
are instantaneous transactions in the hyperplane
of the receiver (which is the photon extractor from the source) but which
seems to move at c, in the hyperplane of the neutral observer placed at an
equal distance from the source and the receiver.

R.H.