Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<jpp90j5qlc9so72igfkjic807251v4fdke@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Baltimore Bridge
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 23:44:01 -0400

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:15:12 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:55:30 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>>Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pay
>>>the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
>
>>>Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
>>>It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
>
>>>And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott
>>>Key Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what
>>>will its new name be?
>
>>>I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
>
>>The federal government can act to get repairs started today while the
>>lawyers act to collect any money due from the company/insurance.
>
>The bridge won't be repaired. It'll be 5 to 7 years at least.
>
>Don't you remember St. Petersburg?

I should have said they would get started removing the remnants of the
bridge so that traffic can resume on the river as that is something
that can be done now. Then work on replacing the bridge as it's clear
there's not much, if anything,  there to repair.