Article <k9tr2j19vuhaego7es9gmspjvfha7q6ulr@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<k9tr2j19vuhaego7es9gmspjvfha7q6ulr@4ax.com>

From: Chris in Makati <mail@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: charging port
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 08:11:39 +0100

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00:13 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>The charging port on my iPhone 14 has gone bad already. I’ve tried several
>cords including Apple ones and they don’t work. I was forced to go to
>Walmart last night at 10:30pm and get a wireless charger.
>
>Of course the warranty has ended and I don’t have Apple Care, but I used
>Apple’s service app to find an authorized service center near me and make
>an appointment for Monday, rather than the Genius Bar which is 30+ miles
>away.
>
>This is the second time this has happened to me. My iPhone 13 failed for
>the same reason, which is why I upgraded to the iPhone 14. In the meantime
>I have a work issued iPhone 11 that uses the same exact cord for charging
>and is still going strong all these years.

My charging port has stopped working or worked intermittently a couple
of times. Both times it turned out to be a buildup of dust inside the
socket, probably due to me carrying the phone around in my pocket.

Using a combination of a watchmakers screwdriver and a pair of pointed
tweezers I was able to remove most of it and got it working again.