Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ki618jprruldsla46ktc8tra1712ggtpnq@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Rant Men's Clothes
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 19:40:20 -0400

On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 23:19:46 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>I am going to rant. I went to a national department store to buy button
>down shirts, which I really needed. A year ago, I'd bought several
>shirts. They were driving me nuts because only one of the shirts had a
>pocket.
>
>I went through all of the shirts for sale in my size. Not a single shirt
>had a pocket. Who decreed that men's shirts no longer have pockets?
>
>Then the matter of shoes. I need another pair of gym shoes/running shoes
>that fit. I wear them as my regular walking shoe. I have a weird shoe
>size, very long and very narrow.
>
>We have the men's shoe comspiracy in which manufacturers inflate the
>shoe size and ignore the shoe size standard.
>
>I saw a large number of shoes offered in my nominal size, so I knew it
>was pointless to try them on. They'd be too small.
>
>I bought a pair that was nominally a half size larger. It was too
>short.
>
>The pair I bought that was 2 1/2 sizes larger than my nominal shoe size
>wasn't too short.
>
>This is more evidence that the world has moved on from me and I
>literally do not fit in. I should just walk to the horizon and fall off
>the edge.

Part of the problem is so much comes from China. They both don't use
the same standard sizes that we do and may not even stick to the
standards that they do have. So if shoes are coming from China you
can't be sure which size is going to fit you. Which makes ordering
from Amazon an adventure in ordering, testing, sending it back and
ordering a larger size in the hopes of finding that Goldilocks pair of
shoes.

Normally I would use a 9 1/2 pair of shoes but now that will be too
tight. So either my feet have grown longer in the past few years or
the Chinese influence has take over so I now wear a size 10.