Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<klq8ckxnct.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

From: "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Codes sent by text message
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:43:32 +0100

On 2024-03-13 15:25, Richmond wrote:
> "Newyana2" <Newyana2@invalid.nospam> writes:
>
>> "Richmond" <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote

>>    I avoid any online banking. I can still walk and drive. Social
>> security is auto-deposited. I just don't need online banking, so
>> there's no sense risking it. I've also locked my credit. In the US one
>> can contact 3 credit reporting agencies, establish a lock, and from
>> then on no credit cards can be issued. If you need a new credit card,
>> you unlock it temporarily. That method also provides a great excuse
>> for pushy store clerks who want me to sign up for their store
>> card. "Oh, I'd love to, but I have my credit locked. Haven't you done
>> that yourself?"
>
> It isn't just the card unfortunately. If you install an app rather than
> just receive an SMS, that app can do other things like make payments,
> and tell you the PIN number of your card. What happens if someone else
> finds the PIN number from your phone? well, the Bank would like to say
> it is your fault.

He has to know the password to open the phone, and the password to open
the bank application. And possibly, a third password before the app
allows you to do an operation such as retrieve the pin of a credit card.

> https://www.ftadviser.com/your-industry/2022/09/06/santander-agrees-to-reimburse-customer-after-gym-theft/

I don't know what that pin in app feature is, and I am a santander
client, just not in the UK.

--
Cheers, Carlos.