Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l31j3jdmoellj1mqjt38svdrdknjftp02b@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Drone sent over property as part of municipal code enforcement; no exclusionary rule violation
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 21:33:30 -0400

On Mon, 6 May 2024 18:27:28 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 May 2024 12:57:30 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Sounds like if I lived in Evanston, I'd have single-side deadbolt locks
>>> installed on the doors so that I could prevent that, at least when I'm
>>> home. Fuck the code inspector. He can arrange an appointment to inspect
>>> at my convenience. I'm not a parolee subject to surprise drop-ins from
>>> the government.
>>
>> Is that any different from landlords having maintenance crews stop by
>> to do inspections. My apartment complex does yearly inspections for
>> the smoke detectors. They usually send out notices the week before
>> they will be coming by some time during the next week to do the
>> inspection. They also did an inspection a few years back for some
>> county code inspection that resulted in them sending out a number of
>> notices about various code violations like people have those small bbq
>> grills on their decks with threats of fines. (Fines that I've never
>> seen them follow through on.)
>
>We got rid of those after some idiot violator burned down his apartment
>building.

Yeah, I don't like them because of that. What's strange is they used
to have grills out near each group of apartments that were there for
the community to use. Then a few years back they removed all of them
except for the one grill by the pool. So if you wanted to grill out
you had to take your stuff over to the pool and hope no one else was
there using it instead of 4 other grills they used to have on the
property.