Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l5eoa1Fpa8uU3@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: 13 Mar 2024 22:40:02 GMT

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:50:03 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 wrote:

> Yeah, the only super notable thing I can think of that uses it is
> Minecraft. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of apps that do, but
> they don't usually advertise being written in Java. C(++/#) and Rust, on
> the other hand..

Eclipse and NetBeans eat their own dog food but I haven't used them in
ages. The Arduino IDE uses it but that's not exactly mainstream. The
IntelliJ IDE is Java and was the basis for Android Studio although Google
has moved to Kotlin. I think kotlin is lipstick on the JVM.

JasperReports is a real steaming pile and not a great recommendation.

It is used on the backend. I believe LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, and others
use it. It's around and isn't going away anytime soon but then Fortran 77
is still in use.