Article <l5ete4Fqbn4U2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l5ete4Fqbn4U2@mid.individual.net>

From: Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected
Date: 14 Mar 2024 00:07:33 GMT

On 2024-03-13, <bp@www.zefox.net> <bp@www.zefox.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> Very often batteries installed by specialty (non Apple approved!
>>> Gasp!) are just as good as the original article.
>
> The shop that did the battery swap was suggested by the local AT&T
> store. It's certainly possible I got a lousy battery. That's why I
> asked about battery testing strategems.

The testing strategy is to simply pay attention to actual battery
performance and the Battery Health display on your device.

>> One thing's for sure, getting it replaced at an Apple-authorized shop
>> definitely gets you an authentic battery.
>
> For an iPhone6 does an Apple-authorized battery replacement make
> sense?

The only person who can answer that question is you. Apple tells you how
much a new battery costs right on their website:

<https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-replacement>

JR