Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l5fd3lFrad9U1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival
Subject: Re: ANOTHER Boeing Incident - Dozens Injured
Date: 14 Mar 2024 04:35:01 GMT
	<uso1qe$3s74j$1@dont-email.me> <usq20b$d8an$1@dont-email.me>
	<usqj6h$h7gf$1@dont-email.me> <usrj02$19rf4$1@solani.org>
	<baefe377-09f9-f476-0d38-76aa9f160636@example.net>
	<uss04j$1acp5$1@solani.org> <usse23$10bjj$1@dont-email.me>
	<%zjIN.124579$wDMd.15765@fx07.ams1> <usshsa$10vh7$1@dont-email.me>
	<l5emeiFpa8uU1@mid.individual.net>
	<-oqdncXgZsCwp2_4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>
	<ustf1f$17dc1$2@dont-email.me>
	<Y8acncyRX8Sc-W_4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@earthlink.com>

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:42:08 -0400, 68hx.1804 wrote:

>    The Russian psychology seems to differ a bit. Instead of trying to
>    ride the technological bleeding edge for most planes they instead
>    trend towards "simple and tough". In short they are built to "get the
>    job done",
>    minus any flair.

It's the AK-47 versus the M16. The AK owes quite a bit to the Garand but
the gas piston is a straight piece and keeps the dirty gases away from the
bolt. It's simple to manufacture and for Ivan to keep working. It's
looseness gives it extreme reliability while maintaining sufficient
accuracy to get the job done at the ranges it is intended for.

People laughed at the stone age vacuum tube technology used in the MiGs
but a vacuum tube is rad hard.  Speaking of which, with all the bullshit I
wonder if you can still get Svetlana vacuum tubes?