Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l5g7cuF1qclU2@mid.individual.net>

From: Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Keeping batteries charged no more than 80%
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 13:03:43 +0100

Carlos E.R., 2024-03-12 22:23:

> On 2024-03-12 01:23, micky wrote:
>> If it's considered proper to charge a cellphone only to 80%, what about
>> other devices that use batteries.  Today I got a rechargeable bluetooth
>> speaker to use with my cellpphone, and the instructions say to charge
>> it, until the red light turns blue.  Isn't that 100%, not 80%.  Am i
>> damaging the speaker battery by charging it until the liught turns blue?
>
> On most devices, you have no control.
>
>> For that matter, what about people who leave their phone plugged into
>> the charger or sitting on the wireless charger all night?   Doesn't it
>> go to 100% and sit there, still charging even after it's reached 100%.
>
> Most devices will limit the charge, probably stopping it.
>
> My Motorola G52 detects that it is an overnight charge, and calculates
> an strategy to have it fully charged by the time the alarm goes off.

I believe most newer Android devices have similar strategies implemented
and reduce the charging current to a lower level for overnight charging
but use the maximum power during daytime. I experience a similar
behaviour with my Google Pixel 6a - in daytime it charges faster than
during the night.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de