Article <l5ru2oFpnogU1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l5ru2oFpnogU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: 18 Mar 2024 22:38:17 GMT

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:56:58 -0500, Physfitfreak wrote:

> Doesn't it have a network of its own for Microsoft users? You can
> instant-message anyone in the world who has a hotmail account. "MSN"
> stands for "Microsoft Network"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_Dial-up

It had a long and strange history and I don't think much of it exists
anymore. They were late to the game. MSDN (Microsoft Developers Network)
had been hosted on CompuServe, which was a rather expensive subscription.
AOL sucked and was used by the plebs. I used Delphi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_(online_service)

You got to know Archie, Veronica and Jughead really well.