Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l64688F2m1hU3@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
Date: 22 Mar 2024 01:46:48 GMT

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 06:04:13 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2024 05:36:18 GMT, rbowman wrote:
>
>> I'm looking at some C code using the OpenSSL library to connect to a
>> host/port, do a HTTPS transaction. and return the result. There's a
>> generous amout of error checking and handling and it's 84 lines rather
>> than 1.
>
> You can do it in Python, leave most of the error checking to the default
> settings, and end up with maybe a dozen lines of code.

Yes you can, but my point was somebody else did all the grunt work to
allow you to do it in a few lines of Python. TANSTAAFL.  The further point
is after you've done it once in C you now have a file or library that
allows you to do the same in a few lines of C unless you insist on
reinventing the wheel.