Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l647g5F2m1hU6@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
Date: 22 Mar 2024 02:08:05 GMT

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 10:36:35 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Turbo Pascal was better, but I really got into Turbo C.

I bought Turbo Pascal for CP/M when it first came out. How could you go
wrong for $50? I thought it was broken after the first hello world
experiment since I was used to the leisurely BDS C compilations.

I never did get Turbo C but I did get the C++/OWL IDE. I liked it and in
the early '90s it wasn't clear Microsoft was going to be the 800 pound
gorilla. I wasn't that fond of MFC but what are you going to do? In their
defense a C++ standard was years in the future so they rolled their own.