Article <l68f17FneumU2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l68f17FneumU2@mid.individual.net>

From: Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: green bubble syndrome
Date: 23 Mar 2024 16:41:12 GMT

On 2024-03-23, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>> On 2024-03-22 18:36:02 +0000, badgolferman said:
>>
>> > The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
>> > smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
>> > calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part
>> > of its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>> >
>> > “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online,
>> > with some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own
>> > Androids less attractive.
>> >
>> > In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the
>> > company “fix” texting.
>> >
>> > [Snip]
>>
>> The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has features not
>> available in normal texting, the difference in the bubble's colours
>> let users know which can use those features and which cannot.
>
> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life, be
> they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of message
> bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing at the mouth
> in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement over green and blue
> message bubbles. WTF?!
>
> Get a life people!

The OP, badgolferman, and his buddy Arlen ("Gelato" and his many other
nyms) are resident trolls who regularly bitch and moan about green
bubbles, yellow iPhones, and so on as a ruse to belittle anyone who
dares to like using Apple products. Not how "Gelato's" only contribution
to this thread is to call people juvenile names like "iSheep" and claim
they are all idiots. badgolferman posts the bait, people respond, then
Arlen swoops in with his trolls and insults. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's
a childish and frankly boring game they play. ; )

JR