Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l68rbaFoi1eU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: 23 Mar 2024 20:11:22 GMT

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 08:35:27 -0000 (UTC), vallor wrote:

> I agree that flying a real aircraft is easier than a simulator.  Back
> around 2000, we owned a Piper Archer III -- loved that thing,
> wish we still had it.  (It even had air conditioning.   )

When I was in Ft Wayne I flew a couple of Tomahawks. The FBO had died and
his wife was trying to keep the business together so maintenance was
slipping. Nothing like being in Elkhart looking for somebody to jump start
the plane so you can go home. The closest thing to A/C was when the latch
on the gull wing door broke. Luckily it didn't start flapping its wing but
it did get a little breezy.

I almost bought a 150 but sanity prevailed.