Article <l6a2r9FtmmgU10@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l6a2r9FtmmgU10@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Happy Nowruz
Date: 24 Mar 2024 07:25:30 GMT

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:08:47 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> One form of trouble arises when one group says their sky fairy is the
> only true sky fairy, all other sky fairies are false. That is not the
> path to religious tolerance.

I like the Hindu model that is sometimes referred to as serial monotheism.
You might prefer Vishnu but later in your life switch to Shiva. Then there
is Brahman who may or may not be what all the others boil down to, sort of
a Trinity of steroids. In my experience most Christians speaking in their
own words can't explain the Trinity doctrine of their flavor without
falling into one of the four major heresies so more power to the Hindus if
they can keep it straight.

At least the Shiva people cut right to the chase

http://www.buten.net/max/thailand-0405/Rai/A24-0015.html