Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l6puenFeh5pU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Subject: Re: Getting there at last...
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 08:54:09 +0100
References: <1HWE6H1jV8YTvxfaaL7fnCCcpe8@jntp> <uriu05$3kjja$1@paganini.bofh.team> <l45ek0Fe0s6U1@mid.individual.net> <urobnk$3v1g$1@dont-email.me> <l4ak2fF7mb7U1@mid.individual.net> <1bcd63e24f9d1f35a1aa7af1b44091d2@www.novabbs.org> <l67dnaFikkfU1@mid.individual.net> <b6043cf438f884321bf1b6aed55f9871@www.novabbs.org> <9YCpfbWayDDTVrmI9Yye1LKiThs@jntp> <l6kfsfFjqknU2@mid.individual.net> <WuhuOl-fQu3J7ho5vcxwxFwmlEQ@jntp>

Am 28.03.2024 um 08:09 schrieb Arindam Banerjee:

>> Maybe you like my 'book'
>>

>> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ur3_giuk2l439fxUa8QHX4wTDxBEaM6lOlgVUa0cFU4/edit?usp=sharing
>>

>> TH
>
>  From your book, the following quote
> ***
> This project was started as a search for the connection between QM and
> GR. The connection was hypothesized and assumed to exist (without
> knowing it's specific features), since nature has to be understood as an
> undivided system. So all theories should describe the same world, but
> possibly different aspects. Spacetime is a physical system, hence should
> be build out of 'elements' (what are the 'building blocks'). ***
>
> Any connection between two theoretical (conjectural, impractical as yet)
> notions as QM and GR must necessarily be theoretical as well.

Sure.

If you try to find a way between to spots (let's call them 'QM' and
'GR'), you need to assume, those spots do in fact exist.

It's not the duty of the pathfinder, to prove the existence of the two
endpoints of the way found.

If there is actually nothing at these positions, it's actually not his
fault.

> In theory, the Moon is green cheese with cows jumping over it.

No, not really. At least I've never heard of such a theory.

> People were burnt to death for not believing that the stars moved in
> crystal spheres, and the stars were holes in those spheres to let
> heavenly light in.

Well, that's not quite true, neither.

Unfortunately, the catholic church had killed several scientists in the
middle ages, but not because of their discoveries, but because they were
questioning the authority of the church.

That authority was meant to be absolute and ANY disobedience could be
punished by death.

This has changed significantly and today the pope does not intervene in
physics anymore.

> The justification for QM and GR as practical let alone scientific is not
> there.

Well, yes, because that was NOT my topic.

> While there is charm in seeing the moon as green cheese with cows
> jumping around it, and there is profit in all the heaven stuff, I see
> neither pleasure nor profit from QM and GR, save for the careerists and
> their dupes blown by math mumbo-jumbo. I know this is the most powerful
> nonsense ever to be globally accepted, in our times, and that deserves
> respect.

You may rightfully critizise QM and GR, and in a way I would understand
you, but this was not the subject of my 'book'.

> Those really into physics better study my videos and texts relating to
> physics. The US Navy, I find, has appropriated my new design rail gun
> for their ships. The Chinese are using a version of that to launch their
> warplanes from navy carriers. Facebook is so useful, to present new
> discoveries and inventions, and see how they get stolen.

You invented the railgun????

TH