Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l78f6pFkgcuU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 16:00:19 -0400

suzeeq wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 10:42 AM, Rhino wrote:
>> I just watched the last episode of Season 3 of Resident Alien and found
>> myself wondering if that was a season finale or a series finale? They
>> certainly resolved *some* plot lines but other things were left
>> dangling.
>>
>> I'm trying to find Robin's post where she laid out this week's TV
>> viewing and came up empty, thanks to the many weaknesses in Claws Mail.
>> She normally says if something is a series or season finale.
>>
>> Futon Critic says it hasn't yet been renewed for a fourth season, which
>> makes it sound like a fourth season is at least possible. Does anyone
>> know if a fourth season is desired by the producers or has everyone
>> already gone their separate ways?
>>
> I'm pretty sure it was season finale, but I could be mistaken. Oh wait,
> let me check her FB post...
>
> Nope didn't find it easily. Maybe anim knows when she posted it.

Well, I'm here. I listed it as a season finale because The Futon Critic
doesn't have any info on season 4, yay or nay.

Here's a story from Syfy from yesterday:

Resident Alien Creator Explains the [Spoiler] Threat and Teases More
Alan Roles

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/resident-alien-showrunner-teases-more-roles-for-alan-tudyk

At one point it says "Max (Judah Prehn) and Sahar (Gracelyn Awad Rinke)
have uncovered the ruse as he can see the true forms of aliens, which
means trouble for the town and the two kids in Season 4," suggesting
there will be a season 4.

But at another point the article says "As part of our exclusive
postmortem with Resident Alien showrunner Chris Sheridan, SYFY WIRE
asked if this means audiences should look forward to yet another
character for Alan Tudyk to embody if the show gets another pickup? And
the answer is, 'Yes!'," meaning that season 4 hasn't been ordered yet.

So I think not yet, but strongly possible is the answer.

--Robin