Article <l8ef0jFdcg3U4@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l8ef0jFdcg3U4@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: New version of my annotations to SRT
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:50:28 +0200
 <kr9524FtdomU2@mid.individual.net> <uinpc7$2hvhs$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 <krc0t5FegngU3@mid.individual.net> <uir4sk$2rtia$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 <l2jaq6FitrdU1@mid.individual.net> <uq2ppb$20kdl$1@dont-email.me>
 <l2om15Fh7b4U1@mid.individual.net> <uq8gj2$3caqt$1@dont-email.me>
 <l2rjtaF3nv3U1@mid.individual.net>
 <def2f0bc24c77d1beb6fa90dd7b3a149@www.novabbs.com>
 <l338fdFgc98U1@mid.individual.net> <Bn9zN.8681436$ee1.4230449@fx16.ams4>
 <l35ntaFtdv4U1@mid.individual.net> <rKlzN.8682847$ee1.7408760@fx16.ams4>
 <l38cs7Fdpf1U1@mid.individual.net> <l38lo3Ffes0U1@mid.individual.net>
 <l3bcogFb2U1@mid.individual.net> <uqq2rl$c86g$1@dont-email.me>
 <uqqcjj$e49u$1@dont-email.me> <uqqggu$etmp$1@dont-email.me>
 <uqqm40$fr1b$4@dont-email.me> <l3djo1Fbqj4U1@mid.individual.net>
 <uqso16$10q9j$1@dont-email.me>

Am Sonntag000018, 18.02.2024 um 12:00 schrieb Mikko:
> On 2024-02-18 05:48:12 +0000, Thomas Heger said:

>>> Definitely.
>>>
>> the 'x-Achse' had a name,
>
> True.
>
>>  which was 'X'.
>
> No, its name was "X-Achse", and still is.

No, that's wrong.

If 'x-Achse' ('x-axis' in German) was named 'X', then 'X-Achse' would be
in long form:

'x-Achse-Achse'

because the text 'x-Achse' is equal to the string 'X' by this definition.

Combining two strings is like putting them together and we get:

'X-Achse' = 'x-Achse' + 'Achse' = 'x-Achse-Achse'

And Einstein did in fact use 'X' as name of the x-axis of system K.

The system k had tall Greek letters as names of the axes:
Xsi, Eta and Zeta.

Here Einstein made an error, too, because once defined these names had
to be used.

But Einstein used also X, Y and Z as names of the axes of system k, too.

He also used X, Y and Z as components of the electric field strength vector.

This culminated in twice the same symbol 'X' in the same sentence, but
with two different meanings.

In my role as a hypothetical professor, who had to write corrections, I
freaked out a little at this point and wrote a big red 'F' on the first
page on the paper.

TH