Article <l8i9n4F105nU1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l8i9n4F105nU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Windows 11 slammed for its 'comically bad' performance even on
 high-end hardware
Date: 20 Apr 2024 16:44:20 GMT

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 07:28:19 -0500, chrisv wrote:

> I've always thought that I'd take my extensive work notes home, when I
> retire.  In case they call me for some help afterwards, because the new
> guy doesn't have a clue.  Maybe that's silly and unrealistic, though.

Have you ever seen 'About Schmidt' with Jack Nicholson? He retires after
32 years working for an insurance company, makes sure all his files are
available, and offers to help if need be. On his way out of the building
he sees boxes of his files being wheeled to a dumpster.

I'm in a little different situation. The company I work for 'retired'
January 1. The clients were promised a year of support while they find a
new vendor. Most of the staff either left or transferred to the other
division and I said I would be available for the year in case problems
come up that support can't solve.