Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l9i1b8FoqpfU5@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Knoppix Operating System :-)
Date: 2 May 2024 17:37:45 GMT
	<v06ptn$16quh$1@dont-email.me> <uk1e2jtnb2gq0l5o28qfa61a8c128tnf63@4ax.com>
	<v07cq3$ab54$1@solani.org> <v08jo6$1mk96$1@dont-email.me>
	<v09cl5$1sjvg$1@dont-email.me> <v0au94$2aiau$2@dont-email.me>
	<v0c9p5$2k063$7@dont-email.me> <9bp23j9c43lbfr8fi15q0bbf7unknsb7f9@4ax.com>
	<v0t64r$342a0$1@dont-email.me> <l9f3dpFbm0vU2@mid.individual.net>
	<v0u8kn$3c1r5$2@dont-email.me>
	<6632b599$0$3711204$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<l9gdsgFhoj6U2@mid.individual.net>
	<66338a46$0$1258333$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

On Thu, 2 May 2024 08:42:43 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

> I'm 6'2.5" at last measurement. Of course, I might also be shrinking now
> that I'm in my 40s. I have no idea what that process starts.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/why-do-i-shrink-in-height-
as-i-age

Welcome to the magical shrinking man age...  When I was at my full height
I found comfort in a vehicle was very dependent on the design more than
the size of the vehicle. I liked Ford pickups but felt cramped in GM
pickups. Most passenger cars were okay but the most uncomfortable car I've
owned was an Audi. It was ergonomically designed for somebody other than
me. My '73 Mustang was fine but riding in a friend's Mustang II was
torture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Fiero

I was interested when the Fiero came out so I stopped at the Pontiac
dealership where I'd bought a Firebird two years earlier. As I was looking
at it the salesman who sold me the Firebird yelled across the showroom
'They don't make that in your size!'  He was right. I don't know how they
are now but when I looked at Corvettes in the '70s I realized that despite
being fairly large they didn't come in my size either.