Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<l9nas7Fioe1U2@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: (AntiHuman) Democrats have a monopoly on violence, vote rigging &
 money;
Date: 4 May 2024 17:51:03 GMT

On Sat, 4 May 2024 04:55:52 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> I would rather do without rather than eat either real or fake peanut
> butter these days. I used to like the fake kind (probably because of the
> sugar) —
> the real kind... bleah.

US food manufacturers found out long ago enough salt and sugar can make
cat shit palatable.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/brief-history-peanut-
butter-180976525/

Some time ago I watched a documentary on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Reese
worked for Hershey's and made candies on the side for additional income.
He tried different fillings before hitting on peanut butter which at that
time was still a health food with limited distribution.

He left Hershey's on amicable terms after agreeing to only source the
chocolate from Hershey. There's more to the story if you dig into it. One
problem in the early days was chocolate melts in the summer.