Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<la498oFgv97U1@mid.individual.net>

From: Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung Wallet vs Google Pay
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 17:43:21 +0200

Jörg Lorenz, 2024-05-09 16:48:

> On 07.05.24 17:41, Arno Welzel wrote:
>> Jörg Lorenz, 2024-05-07 16:01:

>>> Deep State? *ROTFLSTC*
>>
>> Well - even in Switzerland there is a limit for anonymous cash
>> transactions, not as low as 1000 EUR, but a limit exists and this will
>> even be lowered soon:
>>
>> <https://www.thebanker.com/Banks-under-increased-scrutiny-as-Switzerland-proposes-AML-reform-1699263768>
>
> Not surprising you have no clue like always. You did not read the full
> article, did you? It is behind a paywall.

As usual... instead of a helpful comment at least one single pointer to
the relevant information just a "you are dumb" response.

First of all: how much money you give someone else in cash is *never*
regulated as long as you are not taking the money as part of any legal
transaction like selling goods or services. A drug dealer paying someone
else to get his delivery will of course not do this using a regulated
bank account.

<https://lenews.ch/2022/07/01/swiss-debt-enforcement-offices-aiding-money-laundering/>

Quote:

"In Switzerland, banks must verify the provenance of any cash sums of
more than CHF 15,000."

So this means - as in many Euopean countries as well - you can accept
more than CH 15,000 in cash from anyone, but when you want to transfer
this money to your bank account you need to verify the provenance. And
telling the bank "I got this as a gift from a person whose name I
forgot" will not work.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de