Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<la5vu5FojftU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: The end of stackoverflow?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 15:16:21 +0800

On 10-May-24 2:55 pm, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Stack Overflow users sabotage their posts after OpenAI deal
>   https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/05/stack-overflow-users-sabotage-their-posts-after-openai-deal/
>
> The end of stack overflow?
>
> Personally I know companies are using my open sourced stuff..
> Let it be...
>
> I like Stackoverflow, it gave me many good answers in the past
> to difficult questions...
> Many highly qualified people there.

One often has to trawl through a number of suggested solutions, either
because most of them are wrong (or at least wildly apocryphal),
irrelevant, or because the same or similar symptoms can have many
different underlying causes.

I have to wonder whether a language model is really up to the task of
filtering out the dross, while keeping the important parts.

Sylvia.