Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<la9plpFcc2hU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for May 11-17, 2024
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 13:53:53 -0400

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 5/11/24 10:27 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> I have a theory that Tubi is actually releasing movies at midnight
>>> *Greenwich Mean Time*. That's about 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time. It
>>> would explain why movies released show up "the night before" in the
>>> U.S.!

>>> For Hallmark Mystery? Yeah.
>>>
>>> On my end, I am somewhat disappointed that LMN/Lifetime have seem to
>>> abandoned releasing "new" films on Friday nights (opting for
>>> Wednesday nights instead, in the case of LMN)...
>>
>> Yes, the Friday night premieres on Lifetime have disappeared. But
>> those appeared for a pretty short period of time.
>>
>> Does LMN have premieres on Wednesday? I don't check for that. This
>> week they list a "new" movie, "My Acting Coach Nightmare," but it has
>> previously appeared on Lifetime Channel.
>
> Yes, LMN's "Wednesday premieres" are actually just movies that have
> premiered earlier on Lifetime proper, and are now coming to LMN for the
> first time.
>
> Only LMN's Thursday "premiere movies" are truly "new" movies.
>
> Lifetime sort of does something similar - the Saturday night movie
> premieres are their "big movies"; the Sunday night movies are actually
> still "new" (to Lifetime) in most cases, but they are "lesser" movie
> acquisitions, lately often from Tubi.

I think it's deceptive that Lifetime/LMN frequently describes the
acquired movies as "2024" when they were actually released a year or two
earlier.

BTW, I Googled "what time are Tubi movies released/added" and found a
Reddit post stating that Tubi's server is updated at 8 pm ET, although
there's no source listed for the info.

--Robin