Article <lacdh3Fo7ceU1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lacdh3Fo7ceU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: I Mangle Microslop Advocates
Date: 12 May 2024 17:45:07 GMT

On Sun, 12 May 2024 16:44:22 +0000, Farley Flud wrote:

> In the United Snakes, it would require over an hour, by car at 60 mph,
> to just reach the urban limits, and then you would be reaching the next
> metropolis.  In a sense, the "countryside" does not exist.

I'm not sure there is a metropolis in this state but it's 118 miles to
Butte, with a hell of a lot of countryside on the way.

> That's how it is in the Midwest.  In the Northeast it's even worse.

When I was in Fort Wayne, it certainly didn't take an hour to get out of
town on a bicycle and then I could ride through the soybean fields to my
hearts content. Flat, boring as hell, and nothing but beans but I guess it
was 'countryside'.

It wasn't much better flying out of Smith Field in a Tomahawk at 100
knows; you just got to see more bean fields.