Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lahp2iFihuvU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: cpu-x
Date: 14 May 2024 18:32:51 GMT
	<66399f10$0$6551$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v1f0m2$3ot7f$3@dont-email.me>
	<v1fr57$3urp9$3@dont-email.me> <v1jqfo$v3os$3@dont-email.me>
	<663fba6f$1$6436$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<66400e83$0$7173$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v1rjq7$31trl$1@dont-email.me>
	<66420423$0$6444$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v1u5nc$3nmqc$5@dont-email.me>
	<6642ac1f$0$3711206$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1uc1l$3p35a$2@dont-email.me>
	<6642b840$0$2422110$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1vlmp$5i38$4@dont-email.me>

On Tue, 14 May 2024 08:33:29 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>    1. LAMP
>
>    LAMP is an industry-standard when it comes to tech stack models. In
>    web development, it delivers the best cost efficiency, flexibility,
>    and performance. It is an acronym that stands for:

Well, sort of...  LAMP is over 20 years old when O'Reilly popularized the
term. The components are even older. It still hangs on particularly with
CMSs like WordPress. After all PHP was originally called Personal Home
Page.

Depending on which survey you read Nginx is pulling ahead of Apache, MySQL
is being replaced by MariaDB because of Oracle games, and PHP staggers on.

The real gluttons for punishment use WIMP:

Windows
IIS
MySQL
PHP

Even DFS can't argue about IIS; its usage has declined faster than Joe
Biden's popularity.  The last time I looked it was under 5% of the web
server market. Microsoft may do some things well but IIS isn't one of
them.