Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<laoec8FjfjqU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: 17 May 2024 07:13:12 GMT
	<la33d6Fbn7iU6@mid.individual.net> <v1hnbb$fups$1@dont-email.me>
	<la3dtjFdesbU2@mid.individual.net> <v1i2c2$ib2s$1@dont-email.me>
	<la4ipbFiti0U2@mid.individual.net>
	<663d19f1$1$3711195$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1jhph$t2ec$10@dont-email.me> <la5ie6FneglU1@mid.individual.net>
	<v21r7r$oul8$1@dont-email.me> <v229kn$s47i$2@dont-email.me>
	<1oc94j9hcmsunsq1fhjatfoabaee38d4lc@4ax.com>
	<6644fa6d$0$8475$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v24179$1c3qk$2@dont-email.me>
	<v246gl$1d8oq$3@dont-email.me> <lamt35Fcgq7U4@mid.individual.net>
	<v26rjl$21vl0$1@dont-email.me>

On Fri, 17 May 2024 05:57:09 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> So much for the claim that “If a forum does specifically state that it's
> right-wing, the whole forum has probably been banned by now”, then.

They tried. The Gab app was banned from the Apple and Google stores.
GoDaddy dropped them as did some payment processors like Paypal. At one
point they switched to a fork of Mastadon which resulted in some of the
Mastodon servers trying to ban them from the fediverse. AWS and other
cloud services didn't want them so they're running their own server farm.

Andrew Anglin had a bit of Schadenfreude about the troubles of Parler,
Gab, and other sites that found themselves without a domain registrar or
cloud provider. He probably was the first to be deplatformed and cycled
through a lot of countries but kept getting kicked out. His site is up on
Tor but I don't know if there is a regular url. It was a classic case of
'When they came for...."