Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lbdm7qFqr00U1@mid.individual.net>

From: Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: hotspot/tethering prerequisites
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 10:36:12 +0200

bad sector, 2024-05-21 15:03:

> I screwed up something and my hotspot wouldn't give my laptop internet
> anymore. What other preconditions govern besides the wifi ssid and
> password? I did a reset and that fixed the problem but didn't tell me
> what it was.

There are no other preconditions. If the laptop can connect with the
hotspot, it should have internet access as well as long as the
smartphone is connected to the internet.

Maybe you installed some kind of firewall app or other "security" tools?

Did you change your mobile network provider or plan? Sometimes plans may
not allow using tethering, although I've not seen this for many years.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de