Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lben06FucpU2@mid.individual.net>

From: Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: Readercon code of conduct
Date: 25 May 2024 17:55:18 GMT

On 2024-05-25, D <nospam@example.net> wrote:

> Ehh incorrect. I lived there and detected no such thing. Bird-flu isn't
> even a topic in the news and no one where I live talks about it.

It's been found in cattle in several parts of the US and there have been two
cases of transmission from cattle to people. So far no cases of
person-to-person transmission.

> But politicians I'm sure are pining for that power the corona psychosis
> gave them, so I'm certain they try hard to push the paranoia.

I hope they succeed. Americans seem to consistently choose the wrong things
to be paranoid about. Covid was a dress-rehearsal that could have gone a lot
worse. It doesn't appear that the politicians learned anything from it.

Evidently neither did the antivaxxers.

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com