Article <lbkqggFsr7jU1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lbkqggFsr7jU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "The first Copilot+ PC has been tested and it destroys the
 MacBook"
Date: 28 May 2024 01:32:01 GMT

On Mon, 27 May 2024 18:52:19 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

> I haven't used ChromeOS for more than a glance but I would assume it is
> excellent if you're a fan of web apps. I love web apps myself.

We bought a ChromeBook for testing the web app. It did quite well.

It has a lot of different meanings but in my industry 'zero footprint' has
become a buzzword in RFPs. In this case it means no additional software
installed on the computer beyond a browser.

There are two advantages. All updates on done on the server so there is no
need to update each machine. The second is there nothing stored on the
computer. If the laptop is stolen, assuming they can get into it, it's
essentially a generic laptop from BestBuy.