Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lbs8c5Ffcl6U7@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do Microsoft?s Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: 30 May 2024 21:11:34 GMT
	<v2u2cj$33vus$1@dont-email.me> <v2v9fr$3daer$4@dont-email.me>
	<v2vc53$3dkln$3@dont-email.me> <v30g0c$3lhel$3@dont-email.me>
	<slrnv5a4g0.8c8.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
	<v33c75$ddl1$4@dont-email.me>
	<slrnv5aeav.hse.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
	<v33tqh$ftv1$1@dont-email.me> <uglb5jho4cn959nosc8di0lai52p4tftb6@4ax.com>
	<v35pqb$qao6$4@dont-email.me> <tusc5jllfskdpj5cknsk84mb5p66q0b0hc@4ax.com>
	<v36f0o$111db$1@dont-email.me> <bPE5O.15788$ytC1.771@fx34.iad>
	<v37hpc$16hr0$5@dont-email.me> <W4L5O.2$B%H7.1@fx43.iad>
	<v39qb3$1lnr7$14@dont-email.me>

On Thu, 30 May 2024 12:10:11 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> I'm not a fan of Ubuntu, originally because of Unity and then the Gnome
> 3 desktop — now I'm also not crazy about its use of Snaps. I'm also not
> a fan of moving my furniture around, just so my house "looks different."
> If you like Gnome 3, that's great. (I do have Ubuntu installed on a
> computer and I can get around on it, but I don't really like it. Choice
> is good.)

My first choice for this box was Kubuntu but I had problems with the iso
and wound up with Ubuntu.  I'd rather have a start menu but usually I'm
starting from a command lin anyway.

I did have a Ubuntu install where I added the HDE desktop. It worked but
was a little fragile and had a few quirks so I'm not going that route
again. Besides, the Fedora KDE box is a KVM button away.