Article <lbsb1bFgcp8U2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lbsb1bFgcp8U2@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do Microsoft?s Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: 30 May 2024 21:57:00 GMT
	<v2u2cj$33vus$1@dont-email.me> <v2v9fr$3daer$4@dont-email.me>
	<v2vc53$3dkln$3@dont-email.me> <v30g0c$3lhel$3@dont-email.me>
	<slrnv5a4g0.8c8.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
	<v33c75$ddl1$4@dont-email.me>
	<slrnv5aeav.hse.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
	<v33tqh$ftv1$1@dont-email.me> <uglb5jho4cn959nosc8di0lai52p4tftb6@4ax.com>
	<v35pqb$qao6$4@dont-email.me> <tusc5jllfskdpj5cknsk84mb5p66q0b0hc@4ax.com>
	<v36f0o$111db$1@dont-email.me> <bPE5O.15788$ytC1.771@fx34.iad>
	<v37hpc$16hr0$5@dont-email.me> <W4L5O.2$B%H7.1@fx43.iad>
	<v396bn$1ird9$3@dont-email.me>

On Thu, 30 May 2024 06:29:11 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> On Wed, 29 May 2024 15:10:45 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:
>
>> Whether D'Oliveiro wants to admit it or not, Windows 2000 and XP both
>> looked like professional operating systems when they were released ...
>
> Go on, keep insisting that dumbed-down consumer OSes were meant to look
> “professional”. Microsoft didn’t even know what the word meant.

It was easier back in the day when the 'professional' OS was NT and the
consumers got something built on DOS or Win95.  Now that everything uses
the NT kernel they have more work to do to differentiate the product and
charge accordingly.

I can relate. We had a couple of apps that were called different things
depending on who they were sold to and for how much. It even caused a lot
of internal confusion since programming called a spade a spade while
marketing came up with new names for a spade that we didn't recognize.