Article <lc2g63FdkjpU3@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lc2g63FdkjpU3@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: SpaceTime
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 08:01:43 +0200

Am Samstag000001, 01.06.2024 um 15:35 schrieb gharnagel:
> Tom Roberts wrote:
>>
>> On 5/30/24 12:48 AM, Thomas Heger wrote:
>> >
>> > Spacetime is simply what exists, [...]
>>
>> No, NOT AT ALL! You REALLY do not understand very basic physics, at a
>> fundamental level that distorts all your 'thinking' and everything you
>> write.
>>
>> Spacetime is a MODEL of spatial-temporal relationships observed in the
>> real world.
>>
>> Tom Roberts
>
> I tend to think of physics that way, too, but I was watching this
> episode
> of How the Universe Works called "The Mystery of Space Time" and had a
> few
> issues with it:
>
> "Space-time is the fabric of our reality"
>
> "The universe is made of space-time"
>
> "Whatever the substance is, time and space bound together, that's
> expanding
> and creating the universe we see around us.  It's everything. Space-time
> is what the universe really is."

Well, sounds good!

I had written kind of 'book' about this idea and called it 'structured
spacetime'.

This can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ur3_giuk2l439fxUa8QHX4wTDxBEaM6lOlgVUa0cFU4/edit?usp=sharing

The idea behind it is quite simpel:

if GR and QM are somehow valid, there must be a way to bring both
systems into a consistent relation.

My own approach was: start at the GR side and with some sort of real
existing spacetime.

The observed world is then the local 'subchapter', which is seen from
where we (or any other observer) are placed.

This world has to have fewer dimensions than spacetime.

Spacetime must also be coordinates free and having no beginning and no end.

Seen from our local perspective this looks different (hence big bang
theory), but we and our perspective are not particularily important.

TH