Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lc5gqhFriuvU2@mid.individual.net>

From: Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: My Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is still being updated even though it
 came out in January 2021
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2024 10:30:57 +0100

Andrew wrote:

> What kills most of my older phones was the battery, but this five amp hour
> battery is going so strongly that I don't bother to charge it except when
> it's needed (as it goes a couple of days easily without needing charging).
>
> If you received a phone around 3 years ago, how well is it doing for you?

I "received" my Pixel5a after google "received" my money :-)

Its battery generally has done well, sometimes lasting over 3 days, see
screenshots

<https://photos.app.goo.gl/jdcRuKEETzFZ1tkV6>

There was a month where an android firmware upgrade made it very
thirsty, so I had to enable maximum power savings and that would barely
last 1 day, but it was fixed.

Now it's not particularly good, I'm not sure if that's battery age,
because it started rather suddenly, which seemed to coincide with all
mobile networks turning off 3G here, perhaps it's wasting a lot of power
listening for signals that are no longer there?