Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lcmtjcFn9ebU2@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "Standard GUI"
Date: 9 Jun 2024 23:53:16 GMT
	<34rb6j1h6sittv7fj19ur2bcji7pjrus1c@4ax.com>
	<666610e0$0$2422127$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v457ch$3jvrd$2@dont-email.me> <hnq9O.17889$6Fcc.13721@fx09.iad>

On Sun, 9 Jun 2024 18:52:49 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

> They're exaggerated _today_, but this was a common problem until the
> mid-2010s at the very least. If anything, the look of programs, whether
> they are GTK or Qt, is very consistent now. You might find the odd
> distribution which takes no care into ensuring that everything looks
> right, but I know that Ubuntu, Pop_OS! and Linux Mint generally show no
> visual difference in the applications they provide through their stores.

I'm more concerned that the cross-platform apps I use like Code and QGIS
look the same rather than conforming to some Windows, Gtk, or Qt ideal.
It's not a huge deal but I'd be just as happy if Python's venv was the
same rather than sticking activate in Scripts or bin depending. I suppose
there is some valid reason.