Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lcou6jF1sv7U5@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words
Date: 10 Jun 2024 18:15:47 GMT

On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 07:38:32 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

> The paragraph above should be read by anyone considering moving to
> Linux. Don't install the latest release because most of it has not yet
> been sorted out by the developers. None of it comes with any kind of
> warranty, and they mean it.

I'll agree with that. My production machine at work is Debian, which is a
conservative distro. Even that is Debian 11, not the current 'bookworm'. I
like stable. It gets some updates but not major parts of the system.

My Fedora box is an experiment and I knew what I was getting into.

I ran openSUSE 13.2 for years, long after it went out of support, with no
problems. One difference from Windows is SUSE doesn't give a damn if you
move to the latest version or not.