Article <ld3rvoFlvf8U2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ld3rvoFlvf8U2@mid.individual.net>

From: Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: iPhone battery questions...
Date: 14 Jun 2024 21:45:29 GMT

On 2024-06-14, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1. How come iOS doesn't automatically tell users of the battery health
> going under 80%? I never saw them in both old iPhone 11 Pro Max and 12
> mini.

Why should it? It's not like the device suddenly bursts into flames or
becomes unusable. The fact that it occurred without you even noticing
says it all. You're looking for a problem where there is none. People
are already irrationally obsessed with their battery health - adding
such a notification would actually be detrimental to the user
experience. Relax and enjoy your iPhone. Leave the babysitting up to
Apple.

> 2. How many times have you changed your batteries in each iPhone so
> far and how long between?

Rarely. Several years (5-7).

> 3. How low did you let your iPhone's battery health go before
> replacing it?

As a rational adult, I don't let the battery health estimate (and yes,
it's only an estimate and nothing more) dictate when I replace
batteries. When my battery actually needs to be replaced, I know about
it from the symptoms of an aged / dying battery. I don't need a battery
health estimate to tell me that.

> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Any time. Sorry it's not what you're looking for. (Well, not really
sorry.)

JR