Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ldh5e8FirtiU8@mid.individual.net>

From: vallor <vallor@cultnix.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Need Assistance -- Network Programming
Date: 19 Jun 2024 22:46:32 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 21:03:56 +0000, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> wrote in
<17da83b880511303$1242$4081608$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com>:

> On 19 Jun 2024 20:32:29 GMT, vallor wrote:
>

>> He also couldn't be bothered to google for the answer,
>>

> Why?  Is that where your "brains" are located?
>
> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Game theory: in a game of iterated "Prisoner's Dilemmas",
the best strategy is tit-for-tat, unless you've identified
the opponent as a "scorpion".

It's usually a bad strategy to (try to) ridicule people
from whom you want help.

> I did search, but, as I indicated, and as you missed,
> the Perl modules have dozens of dependencies that I don't want to
> manage.  (It's almost as bad as Python!)
>

>> (I didn't even need google to find an answer -- I used "man"
>> on a popular CLI tool.)
>>

> So what is this tool?

The tools for querying man pages are apropos(1), whatis(1), and man(1).

DYOH.  Instead of handing you a fish, I'm teaching you to fish.

> You won't -- you can't -- reveal because it will ruin your chance to
> play the "BIG MAN."
>
> But we all know that the big man is just the little man in disguise.
>
> Eh, twinkletoes?
>
> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

I'm beginning to think you are a "scorpion".

--
-v System76 Thelio Mega v1.1 x86_64 NVIDIA RTX 3090 Ti
   OS: Linux 6.9.5tweaked Release: Mint 21.3 Mem: 258G