Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ldia57Frps7U7@mid.individual.net>

From: Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android keyboard: your choice.
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:13:11 +0200

R.Wieser, 2024-06-19 08:54:

> Andrew,
>
>> 1. Mine is turned off, by default, for some reason.
>>   android.permission.READ_CONTACTS = dangerous, revoked
>
> Its not about what *you* currently have, its about what *we* would be
> getting. Regardless of if our phones have similar protections - or not.

The contacts permission is off by default in this app and is only needed
when you enable "Suggest Contact names" in the "Text correction" settings.

Before complaining about how insecure an app is you should first check it!

Also see here - the source is available and you can build it on your own
if you don't trust F-Droid: <https://github.com/Helium314/HeliBoard>

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de