Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ldr49iF7jqlU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Teens face 10 years in prison for riding over pride flag on
 bicycles
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 13:28:17 -0400

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Leo Kearse, the presenter of this video, is correct: the rules of the
>> Alphabet Mafia have taken on the feel of blasphemy laws in the Muslim
>> countries. This is particularly evident in the horrendous overcharging
>> of three Spokane teens for riding over a local pride flag on bicycles:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtS-c4nPJtQ [`12 minutes]
>
> Overcharging? It wasn't even a crime to ride their bicyles in the first
> place!
>
> I love how the video clip of the interview of the lesbian witness shows
> an automobile driving over the very same painted pavement as we see over
> her right shoulder. I didn't see the felony arrest.
>
> It appears that what we have here is a case of bullying children because
> that's what we can get away with.

Every day this NG is filled with examples of why it's become such a
cesspool.

Here is a news story and the police statement:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teens-arrested-after-scooters-leave-marks-on-pride-crosswalk/ar-BB1nSroe

https://my.spokanecity.org/police/news/2024/06/06/multiple-arrests-make-after-downtown-pride-mural-is-vandalized/

This happened on June 5, 18 days ago, but is now being widely shared on
right-wing media. These kids were repeatedly riding over an area
described as a "street mural" in order to deface it. The area had
recently been repainted after someone else had intentionally damaged it
using a flammable liquid. The area, according to the police statement,
was "clearly marked to keep traffic away as it was just re-painted to
repair previous damage."

These kids should have been arrested if they were intentionally damaging
anything painted on the street as a street mural. And if it had been a
US flag I doubt anyone would be complaining.

While the kids were charged with 1st Degree Malicious Mischief, a class
B felony for which the maximum sentence is 10 years, of course they
would not receive anything like that even if they are convicted. They
would probably be put on probation.

--Robin