Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ldv8k5FqiavU3@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Heroic Game Launcher... BRAVO!
Date: 25 Jun 2024 07:06:45 GMT

On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 00:15:57 -0400, Joel wrote:

> Geology was the science credit I happened to take, in college, really
> great class, great professor who had done a lot of expeditions, he had
> slides he'd show us.  I just barely managed to get a B for the semester,
> nearly got what would've been my only C, it was a tough class for me,
> but fascinating.

But did you believe the geological explanations or is geology also the
creation of intelligent design to keep geologists occupied?

Years ago I was on Greathouse Peak in the Big Snowy Mountains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Snowy_Mountains

It's an island range, meaning it's not attached to the Rockies and the
surrounding area in eastern Montana is flatland. The 'peak' isn't much of
a peak, just a rocky ridge. I happened to pick up one of the rocks and saw
marine fossils. What were they doing at 8600' surrounded by miles of semi-
arid plains? A cosmic joke?