Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<le0krbF2j9cU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Spacetime
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 21:41:34 +0200

Am Dienstag000025, 25.06.2024 um 14:20 schrieb gharnagel:
> “spacetime is likely to be an approximate description of
> something quite different.” – Steven Carlip
>
> It's interesting how most physicists describe spacetime
> as an actual "fabric."  It's really a mental model that
> may not have any existence at all.  The equations of
> relativity describe what actually happens quite well,
> but the "fabric" of spacetime may be an invention.
>
> I think the things that are real are THINGS.  I find the
> basic concept of string theory very compelling: that is,
> elementary particles are not points as the standard model
> posits.  In the real world there are no such things as
> dimensionless points.  It's a very good assumption because
> the string theory particles are way smaller than we can
> detect, but presuming elementary particles have extension
> in space is surely correct, even though strings may not be.

My own view:
spacetime is real and particles are not.

As 'proof of concept' I had effects, where seeminly matter comes from
nothing or disappears without a trace.

Examples for 'matter out of nothing':
'magic dust'
Growing Earth

Matter is something I tried to explain as 'timelike stable patterns'
(of/in spacetime).

See my 'book' about this idea:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ur3_giuk2l439fxUa8QHX4wTDxBEaM6lOlgVUa0cFU4/edit?usp=sharing

TH