Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<le3o96Fh0sfU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Need Assistance -- Network Programming
Date: 26 Jun 2024 23:58:30 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jun 2024 12:59:41 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 6/25/2024 10:57 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> On 19 Jun 2024 22:46:32 GMT, vallor wrote:
>>
>>> Instead of handing you a fish, I'm teaching you to fish.
>>
>> When I used a similar phrase in a reply on another group, this person
>> said “something about the way you went about that rubbed me the wrong
>> way”.
>

> That's because it's an extremely smug, obnoxious, arrogant thing to say,
> and in most cases whoever says it is full of shit.

Being able to fish is useful. Paul McCraken has several video series.

https://toptechboy.com/

He often goes into the math at length, probably frustrating many. For
example, while Python has a map() function the Arduino C/C++ library's
map() is completely different.

https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/math/map/

In the MicroPython series he goes into the math behind linear
interpolation. Similarly while Python has math.degrees() and
math.radians() he goes into the math rather than taking the easy way.
Which is more valuable in the long run?