Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<le4id1Fkc6dU4@mid.individual.net>

From: Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android keyboard: your choice.
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 09:24:19 +0200

R.Wieser, 2024-06-24 09:39:

[...]> The end result ?  Especially with privacy related permission I
don't allow
> what I do not see any need for and can be done differently.  Which, for this
> case, I explained that several days back.

Well - if a keyboard app offers to use the names of your contacts as
word suggestion, this can not be done differently.

But feel free to ask someone to fork the app and create a version which
does not have the contact name integration and thus doesn't need contact
access either.

Also keep in mind, that the permission is not active by default when
installing the app and you can manually disable it as well.

[...]
>> I also repeatetly suggested *not* to trust me blindly but to ask someone
>> else
>> who is able to understand the source code of Heliboard
>
> I do not have anyone in my neighbourhood who could, or even wanted to do
> that.   They just install the stuff and trust it into high-heaven.

Then don't use the app and look for something else since you don't
believe anyone anyway.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de