Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<le4oqcFkc6dU15@mid.individual.net>

From: Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Carriers are only slowly adapting to iOS 18 beta RCS integration
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 11:13:50 +0200

Abandoned Trolley, 2024-06-27 09:51:

>> The current field is controlled and tailored as the first comers
>> negotiated. Google and friends. Now comes a new player, Apple,
>> reluctantly, and wants to change the existing landscape to their liking.
>> Well, they will have to negotiate hard to do that. If they can convince
>> the existing players.
>>
>> Never mind, we will have RCS all around in a few years. It will come.
>> Just be patient and eat pop corn as they play out :-)
>>

> I wouldn't be so sure.

I would:

<https://webstrategiesblog.com/apples-rcs-adoption-in-ios-18/>

<https://www.campaignregistry.com/a-monumental-day-for-rcs-apples-adoption-and-the-future-of-messaging/>

Of course Apple does not really like that, since they are more or less
forced to support RCS and would prefer keeping their users in their own
golden cage with iMessage. But nevertheless - when iOS and Android both
support RCS and RCS is mandatory, there is no reason why it should be
around as universal standard similar to SMS nowadays.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de