Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<le5qehFrkjbU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Need Assistance -- Network Programming
Date: 27 Jun 2024 18:47:45 GMT

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 06:10:03 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 wrote:

> Isn't lerp pretty simple to implement I think? I don't remember the
> exact code, but it can be done in one line with clamp and basic math
> ops.. been a while since I've had to use it like that tho.

Yes, it's nothing exotic. I'm of two minds about similar abstractions.
When you use PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, and so forth there are very
convenient functions but to really understand what is happening you wind
up neck deep in linear algebra. I've reached the point where I'm willing
to accept black boxes that just work but I feel vaguely guilty when I grab
the fish without a clue of how to use a fly rod.