Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lec4dcFq2v1U3@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: 30 Jun 2024 04:14:38 GMT

On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 20:02:09 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I always wondered if God can make a wall so high He can't throw a truck
> over it.

You're not supposed to ask questions like that.

The LDS church had a pavilion at the '64 World's Fair. I don't think it's
unique to them but they had a video that had me wondering. It was a heart-
warming scene of families reunited in heaven with the grandparents,
parents, and kids like a big family picnic, all of the appropriate ages. I
started wondering where the grandparent's parent's parent's ad infinitum
were.

I doubt many followed that train of thought but there was another problem
lurking in the video. There were white people, Asians, American Indians,
Hispanics, Tagalogs, and all sorts of people cavorting around heaven. One
demographic was noticeably lacking. It might have been overlooked in Utah
but this was NYC after all.

Several years later Kimball got a memo from God saying they could let
colored folks in (14 years to be precise. God had to think about it). More
specifically they could attain priesthood. Every male Mormon over the age
of 16 is a priest unless they screw up very badly and if you're not a
priest you're shut out of all the temple stuff.